Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Host Grandma...

I am living with Annie Chan. She is my host grandmother for my internship. In her home she didn't have one picture or piece of art on the walls. Everything was very plain. On Monday I had the day off of church and spent the whole day at home with Annie. In the laundry room I found a pile pictures and paintings stacked away in storage. When I asked her about them she told me that she has never had someone to help her hang them around the house. That was all I had to hear in order for the long day of decorating to begin.
She was so excited as we started to unwrap all the pictures and place them around the house where she wanted them. Finally, after many nails and hooks and many many variations... the house is actually decorated! She has lived there for two years with nothing on the walls!
It was such a great afternoon. Afterwards, we cooked dinner together and enjoyed eating with some added color in the dining room :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an unexpected blessing for her :)