Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Camp TWO...Changwa, Taiwan

The second week half of the team went to a completely different city in Taiwan and lead about 80 children at a camp. Our half went to Changwa. We were split in half there, too. Six team members were with young children and four of us were at a high school each day.
There were these three high school girls who made me laugh each day and were great students. When I had the students introduce themselves the first day the three of them stood up and said, "I'm Pretty Angel; I'm Beautiful Nancy; and I'm Cutie Ruby" and struck a pose! That was my first encounter with them...they were quite the dramatic trio. Below are two of them on our last day. They made me do this pose because they said it meant we were sad...
I had a chance to tell my testimony to the choir at the high school. When I was finished I noticed a girl, Vania, crying in the corner. I went over to her and after we spoke for about an hour, she said the sinner's prayer and said she finally understands the words to "O Happy Day" (the song we were teaching them). She was so sweet and sang so loud!! She is precious and she accepted Christ on our last day at the school!! Vania is below:
This is the auditorium I taught in with all 40 students. I lost my voice this week so Carol taught a lot of the lessons. She did great and it was a great chance for me to assist rather than always be in the front. It was humbling as well. I realized I didn't always have to be the teacher! Sorry the picture is blurry...

No comments: