Saturday, July 19, 2008

Probably the last post until America...

Today we were completely rained in and seeing that it was our day off before going up to the prayer mountain it forced us to rest. We actually ended up going bowling! Things in Korea are definately more expensive than Taiwan. Taiwan $1000 equals US $1. So, it's basically equal. HOwever, things are just priced higher. FOr instance: I saw a starbucks and got very excited! But just the regular brewed cup of coffee with nothing special was $3200... $3.20 US! So sad... I didn't get any.

Tomorrow we are going to Sunday service at Full Gospel Center...(a church) : the largest church in the world!!!! wow. I don't really know what to expect, but I'm excited to see it. After service we will be heading up to the Asian Christian Conference up on the Prayer mountain. There will be thousands of people there. We will be fasting for three days while attending conferences and worship sessions. We will be sleeping in giant rooms on mats on the floor (Korean style) among many other people. Please pray for the five of us girls as we have the opportunity to devote three days to prayer.

We will come down on Thursday to break fast. Friday morning we will be flying back to Taiwan to meet up with the rest of the team and hit the streets of Taipei at night before flying back to California on Saturday.

One week to go...!
miss you all :)
1 Thess 5:16 - be joyful! pray continually! give thanks!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Glad you're safely in Korea. Will pray along with you while you're at the prayer mountain. Love you lots!!:) Mom & Dad

Erica said...

Hi KimSue! I don't know if you'll get this until you're home, but I want you to know that I'm praying for you! I just got home from Canada this week, so when I discovered that you had a blog, I sat down and read every single one. :). It's so fun and wonderful to know what you're doing and HOW you're doing! I hope this last week is incredible and that God continues to protect your team and have His hand over everything you're doing. Oh my little Asian twin, I can't wait to see you in August. If you can, call me when you get back to the U.S. ... I would LOVE to hear your voice and listen to your adventures!

Sending you so much love and prayer my dear!,
-Erica

Anonymous said...

KIM! i'm happy you made it to korea. i can't wait to hear about your prayer mountain experience!! i can't wait to see you again :)