Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Camp Pictures (including Emma and Peter!)

The first camp was unbelievable! We were hosting a true summer camp wher the students camp and slept in the same place as us, ate with us, hung out with us, and saw us at all moments of the day. I even had to go around at night with Rodney to do Cabin checks!
Below is my English class!! They were the intermediate bunch of the students. I miss them :(
My Huddle Group! GROUP ONE! Every morning after Marcus lead a devotional, we would split into huddle groups (small groups) for an hour and discuss the devotional and pretty much just hang out and practice English outside of the class room. I loved my group!
EMMA!
Emma was the young lady who accepted Christ. She was in my class at the camp. Even though she was my student, we got a long very well and are similar in age. She was more my friend than student. I miss her :( We have already emailed back and forth!
PETER!
Peter would always make this face because he said I did it in front of class, but I never realized! He also accepted Christ over the week. He is so excited and sent me an email already.
Late mornings we would do random activities and one morning Marcus told me to take the students and teach them a song... I lead them outside and was trying to think of a song on the spot! So I taught them "The B.I.B.L.E" and "I'm a Little Tea Pot", "Twinkle Twinkle", and made them do the "ABC's" backwards and all messed up... I almost feel bad for them because of the things I make them do! Below is one of my favorite pictures: the students tiping over because they are all tea pots!!
The whole camp! This picture includes our whole team as well as all the students at the camp. I really do miss them!


No comments: