Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Emma and Peter

This week the team has been hosting a camp in the mountains.  It is central Taiwan and so tropical.  It rains every afternoon until the evening and I am always soaked while teaching.  Teaching has been going well except for the students were a completely different level than what expected so I have rearranged the entire lesson plans last minute!  
This morning I had a chance to talk to a student named Emma.  She said that she half believed in God.  When I questioned what she meant, she said that she wasn't completely sure if she understood everything and trusted that it was all true.  She asked me to tell her what God has done in my life... WOW.  It was one of those moments where I thought, "this is it... right now it doesn't matter how much of the Bible I have memorized or worship songs I can sing.. but right now I need to express my love for Christ and truly show her".  It was a great conversation and then I prayed for her.  She said she was thinking about it all. 
In huddle groups (small groups) I was talking about church with the students and my student, Peter told me that he is not a Christian because his father will not let him.  I asked him if he believed in GOd and he said, yes.  So we talked about how being a Christian is not just about having the name 'Christian' but it's loving God in your heart and trusting Him.  He lit up and said he never knew that before.  He is still unsure about saying that he is a Christian because he is scared of his father.  I have been blessed to have these conversations!
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!  Please continue......!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

KIMSUE!! I'm excited to hear how God is using you in Taiwan!! I have been praying for you my friend!! I love you bestie!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is awesome!