Friday, July 11, 2008

Hallelujah! Emma and Peter believe!!

This morning I jumped down from my bunk trying to tell myself to wake up, eyes barely open. I was walking to the outhouse, pajama pants getting muddy thinking: two more weeks of muddy squaty potties? Suddenly, Rodney (part of the team) called from across the common area saying he needed to tell me something. He said that late last night, he and Emma were reading the Bible together and Peter walked up. Peter joined and they were all reading and discussing together. Rodney beamed as he said, "Peter accepted Christ!" my response: WHAAAT! Where is he!? Why didn't you wake me!!!? He then said, "So did EMMA!" I couldn't believe it. I told Rodney that these were the two specific people that I had conversations with and have been praying for during the camp. Rodney did not know that out of the 40 students, these exact two were the ones I have been praying for! I don't believe this is a coincidence. Thankyou to those of you who have been praying for Peter and Emma. Emma keeps saying she is going to miss me so much and I will truly miss her as well. She was my most advanced student and her English is beyond excellent. She hopes to study in the United States but does not have the money because it is so expensive. Peter says that he will be praying and reading the Bible about how to handle his father at home. I am very proud of both of them! I don't want to leave them! Tonight after dinner, I will be leaving this camp.... :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!

Toni said...

Hi Kim,
PTL for Peter & Emma! Sorry we didn't get your blog until today. We are glad that you are fine despite the mud, outhouse, etc. Hang in there. Lots of people are praying for you.
Lots of love,
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

wow kim!!
that is a miracle.
i miss you very much,
keep on keepin on.
i bet the rain and toilet situation is difficult!! you are strong and you can do it. :)
love you!!
joy